Where You help SMS Students Soar
Sebastian Middle School’s dedicated and
tireless Community and Parent volunteers
play an invaluable role in helping our students to be number one in our community. You can be part of our Team!
The evidence is in: when schools and volunteers work together to support learning, everyone benefits
- Higher grades, test scores, and graduation rates
- Better school attendance and self-esteem
- Increased motivation,
- Lower rates of suspension
- Decreased use of drugs and alcohol
*From the National Coalition for Parent Involvement in Education
Partnerships at John Hopkins University; National PTA.
1. Donating box tops and your used ink cartridges! Please drop them off in the SMS Front Office.
2. Being a mentor!
Only 30 minutes a week or every other week.
4. Support Teachers… helping them out with various projects.
5. Chaperoning field studies, dances and other school events.
6. Join PTO …It’s FREE!
7. Become a SMS Business Partner.