Sebastian Middle School Student Services
|Dean Hayes||[email protected]|
At Sebastian Middle School we believe that everyone has the right and responsibility to achieve his or her educational best. To make this happen, everyone needs a safe and positive environment in which to learn. To be the best we can be, we will:
- Honor individual differences.
- Clearly define expectations.
- Hold each person accountable for his or her own behaviors.
- Teach and model positive behaviors.
SEBASTIAN MIDDLE SCHOOL EXPECTATIONS
|We Expect Students To:||We Expect Teachers To:||We Expect Administrators To:|
|S- Show respect O- Observe rules A- Act responsibly R- be Ready to learn||
|We Expect School Support Staff To:||We Expect Parents To:||We Expect District Support Staff To:|
|Leanne Fortune School Counselor: Students with last name A-L||[email protected]|
|Darren Tagliarinia School Counselor: Students with last name M-Z||[email protected]|
|Mary Pitman, Secretary||[email protected]|
St. Johns County Schools have guidance departments in each one of it’s schools. Our counselors’ statement of guidance philosophy is as follows:
ST. JOHNS COUNTY GUIDANCE OBJECTIVES
We believe and adhere to:
- The work, dignity, and uniqueness of the student.
- Respect for and acceptance of the student as he/she comes to us with the values of his/her social and cultural environment.
- The students capacity for self-actualization, self-determination, and self-discipline.
- Provide significant and holistic counseling techniques for the maximum potential of students.
- Guidance as an integral part of creating life-long leaders and global citizens.
- Guidance services for students that are primarily developmental and preventative.
- A guidance program which is supportive to the total school curriculum.
- Cooperative relationship involving school, home, and community.
- The constant striving of counselors for improvement and professional growth in order to facilitate this philosophy.