Sebastian’s School Beginnings
Opened in 1991, and located just north of historic downtown St. Augustine, Sebastian Middle School serves 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students from the greater St. Augustine area. The school property is situated on 77 acres of land; the school building and parking lots have a 21-acre footprint, the athletic field is 15 acres, and the rest is protected wetlands.
Sebastian Middle School will cultivate high achieving, college and career ready students who excel in a complex and changing world.
NCLB School Public Accountability Report (SPAR)
- Population averages 600-800 students
- Feeder Elementaries: Crookshank, RB Hunt, Ketterlinus and Palencia
- Feeder High School: St. Augustine
- School Colors: Red, white and blue
- School Mascot: American Bald Eagle
- ACCESS (Academy for College and Career Educational Success at Sebastian)
- AVID (Advancement via Individual Determination)
- ESE programs- Support Facilitation, VE, ID and ASD
- ESOL Services
- GPS (Gifted Program Studies)
- National Junior Honor Society
- School Advisory Council
- Take Stock in Children School
- Digital One-to-One School
Several special events will occur during the school year and will be publicized with details for your information. Sebastian traditionally holds the following annual special events: Science Fair and History Fair provides students with the opportunity to showcase their science and history knowledge. School winners will move on to county competition. Each year Sebastian has proudly sent students on to district and state competitions. We also participate in field studies that support our social studies curriculum, including Tallahassee (7th grade Civics) and Washington, D.C. (8th grade U.S. History).