Welcome to Sebastian Middle School’s Guidance Page
Mr. Darren Tagliarini – School Counselor: All 6th grade students and 7th grade students with the last name A – L (904) 547-3846
Leanne Fortune – School Counselor: All 7th grade students with the last name M – Z and all 8th grade students. (904) 547-3846
8th Grade information / Important Dates Below
St. Johns County Schools have guidance departments in each one of it’s schools. Our counselors’ statement of guidance philosophy is as follows: ST. JOHNS COUNTY GUIDANCE OBJECTIVES We believe and adhere to:
- The work, dignity, and uniqueness of the student.
- Respect for and acceptance of the student as he/she comes to us with the values of his/her social and cultural environment.
- The students capacity for self-actualization, self-determination, and self-discipline.
- Provide significant and holistic counseling techniques for the maximum potential of students.
- Guidance as an integral part of creating life-long leaders and global citizens.
- Guidance services for students that are primarily developmental and preventative.
- A guidance program which is supportive to the total school curriculum.
- Cooperative relationship involving school, home, and community.
- The constant striving of counselors for improvement and professional growth in order to facilitate this philosophy.
- How to Access Schoology
- Study Tips_EArnold
- Center for Autism and Related Disorders
- CHADD (ADHD)
- Community Hospice Camp Healing Powers
- Facts on Anxiety, Depression, ADHD, Bipolar, Suicide Prevention: National Institute of Mental Health
- Local Area Mental Health Student and Family Services
- Communication with Adolescents Tip Sheet
- Overcoming Test Anxiety
- St. Johns County Youth Activities
- NE Florida Community Hospice
8th Grade Important Information
For the late application link and more information, please visit: Applying to a Program of Choice – Career and Technical Education (CTE) of St. Johns County (stjohns.k12.fl.us) Under the Heading “Late Applications”.